Friday, March 18, 2011

Opening Doors

I am doing tons of research online.
I love that so much of the information I need is on the internet now. Even all the forms we will need.
I have found yahoo groups specific to adoption, one even specific to Kenyan adoption. Found many blogs of folks that have adopted in Kenya. Some even listed out in detail their timeline and process (thank you!). Found all three adoption agencies in Kenya online. Found online reviews and ratings of the US adoption agencies. I have sent an email to every agency and person I have come across that has an email address listed. And last night I received my first response email back from a Kenyan adoption agency!!

They informed me that, yes, the U.S. has had a moratorium on Kenyan adoptions for the past two years (because of the Hague Convention and new rules? I'm still not sure how all that works.)

HOWEVER, it was lifted at the end of February 2011, and now they have resumed their U.S. program!!!! "It is possible for you to pursue an adoption in Kenya while you are here." is the exact sentence from their email.

(Excuse me while I jump up and down repeatedly. Okay I'm back.)

They also told me which U.S. agency they work with, who to contact there, and what forms to fill out now. Apparently there are a few forms that take months to obtain approval for, so we can actually file those NOW and cover a lot of ground (read: waiting time!) before we even get to Kenya.

Thank you Jesus for continuing to open doors.

Dear Baby,
We are coming. I cannot think about you without crying. We long for you. We love you!
From: Your Forever Family

No comments:

Post a Comment