I looked all over the internet and found nothing with restrictions listed.
And yep, Kenya has no such restrictions.
But...the standard is "best interests of the child", so we have to be able to show to the social worker that we are able to "accomodate" another child. Aw man I love my big happy family and I cannot wait to show the social worker how our family functions. I know I will be judged whether I can "handle another kid", so it is sort of nerve-racking realizing someone else is judging me as a mother. And honestly there are days when I don't feel like I can handle ONE kid, let alone a whole house of kids.
But...the standard is "best interests of the child", so we have to be able to show to the social worker that we are able to "accomodate" another child. Aw man I love my big happy family and I cannot wait to show the social worker how our family functions. I know I will be judged whether I can "handle another kid", so it is sort of nerve-racking realizing someone else is judging me as a mother. And honestly there are days when I don't feel like I can handle ONE kid, let alone a whole house of kids.
But that's the point: I can't handle ANYTHING on my own! It is only with the power of the Holy Spirit that I do any of this on a daily basis.
So I have a peace and a confidence that only the Lord has been able to give. I will not be anxious about the home study. Bring it on!
SO happy for you!! I feel that way alot! But I know I can do anything with God's help!
ReplyDelete