Monday, July 25, 2011

Because They Waited

My adoption agency, like most all I'm sure, require 10 hours minimum of pre-adoption education.
Initially I assumed that meant reading books on adoption, etc.  And goodness, I have spent many, many hours researching online and reading books on the subject.
But then I found out what they really mean is, there is a 10 hour online course entitled Because They Waited.
It is done through Heart of the Matter seminars.

The course is interesting because it is Hague compliant and they send you a certificate of completion once you have finished the course.  So I purchased it online this morning.  $150.  Not too bad of a price.  Hopefully they will send our password soon and I can get started on it.

Here are a few of the courses in the package:


  • Promoting healthy brain development

  • Sensory processing and sensory integration

  • Parenting to a child's "real age" vs. chronological age

  • Understanding the internal alarm

  • Building attachment

  • Race and Culture



  • I'll let you know how it goes!
    Have any of you completed your 10 hours?  What did you do?
    :) jessica

    1 comment:

    1. we did more than the 12 hours .... education is good LOL!!
      We did a couple classes on HOTM ... they were really good. We did one on attachment, we did a 6 hour class on international adoption, we did one on adopting older children, about optimal family functioning .. so much info and I continue to read read read :)

      Can you add me to your Nairobi blog ....
      I would love to read that as well.

      if you send me a private email I will tell you a bit more about our family :) tracyherring at mac dot com

      talk to you soon :)

      T.

      ReplyDelete