Saturday, November 19, 2011

Electrical Problems and No Updates


Wow I am so excited to be sitting at a computer writing a blog post!!  (I'm writing this on all my blogs!)

My computer is dead - it somehow got a terrible virus when we arrived here and is completely unusable right now.

Then the power cord on Rachel's computer broke, and we JUST GOT A NEW ONE IN THE MAIL!!!  So this is the first time in almost a month that I have been able to type out my homeschool curriculum and print things again and blog again!

It is strange; we have had so many electrical problems since we moved here.  Kevin's 65" inch TV died, our VCR (that I just bought in the States this summer), Rachel's iPod dock, our computers, and today our bread machine died.  It took me forever to set up our printer and Vonage phone.  I still cannot use my fax machine.

To say it is upsetting is an understatement.  There have been some days where I just wanted to pack up and leave.  And then I remember we are here for a reason...so we trudge on.

And actually, there has been absolutely nothing to update.  We are still waiting to review our Home Study Draft from Little Angels.  It was the end of September when we finished all the home visits.  I am preparing my Dossier materials to be Authenticated.  But I cannot resolve my fax issues - - so I cannot fax my documents to my agency in the States for review.  I have had a very, very difficult time of paperwork since moving here.  Silly issues like trying to find U.S. money orders and mailing documents and faxing materials.  Things that are super easy to do in the States but has been impossible here.  I do not know why.  I am trying to stay encouraged.  With the Spirit's help.

There have been many days recently where I have prayed:  "Okay, God, is adopting still Your Will for our family?"  That is how seriously difficult it has been.  So I still keep doing paperwork.  And I still keep praying, waiting for a Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment