Honestly I was not even expecting the email when it came.
I had not slept well during the night, and when I did sleep, I dreamed about the Baby. (I was devastated in my dream because they matched us with a white baby girl).
So I was staring at the ceiling at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep, and ironically my husband was awake too. Which is a miracle in itself because he only wakes up when he has to - as in, 7am, to catch the shuttle for work at 7:40am!
I decided to check my email since I had my little iPod under my pillow and couldn't go back to sleep.
And then there was the email from CAS: "Presenting Mr. Antony".
I slapped my husband repeatedly. Reaction. Couldn't help it.
We were so shocked. Less than 2 weeks after our NAC approval and we were matched and then just two weeks later received the official referral with his picture and medical information.
Time is ticking (we leave here in 10 months!!) so I am very thankful and very blessed to have gotten it so quickly!!
He is a beautiful little boy and is staying at a wonderful orphanage here in Nairobi. He is only 30 minutes away from me (55 minutes in traffic!). They are taking really good care of him at that place and we are really at peace about him being there until we can take him home.
Blessed Beyond Words!!
No comments:
Post a Comment