I took him to the med unit this morning and he has a throat infection that has slipped over to a middle ear infection as well.
Yesterday he was very lethargic and the fever started around 5pm.
The weird thing is, his personality has been completely different these 24 hours and it totally changes the way I view him.
For the past couple of weeks, Zac has been naughty, naughty, naughty.
We are definitely working through behavioral issues like him slapping my 4 year old and then laughing about it (while the 4 year old cries). Or emptying out a drawer and laughing about it. Or pulling all the workbox numbers off all the kids' workboxes and then laughing about it. It outRAGES me.
Needless to say, I haven't been too happy with him lately. And I feel the disconnect with my other kids. The 4 year old is acting out now a bit and disobeying. Same with the others.
But since Zac has been sick, he isn't running around like a little Terror. He is sweet and cuddly. And funny! And fun to be with. I realized today: He Needs Me. Zac needs me. In all his naughtiness and mischievousness I sort of feel like he doesn't need my love sometimes (which I KNOW isn't true). But today I realized he DOES need me. That's the whole reason we adopted him! He has never had a mommy to rock him while he has a fever. He has never had a daddy to read to him and splash him when he is in the bathtub.
It's kind of cool, this "being needed". So while I hate that Zac has this throat infection, I am glad for the amazing things we have learned about each other in the process. Romans 8:28
Blessed,
Zac, get well soon, but ... stay sweet and cuddly and funny! Don't change into a naughty boy after you get well :-)
ReplyDeletePraying Zac gets to feeling better! By receiving your love, compassion and nurturing, while he has been sick, may have solidified that mother-son bond. This may have been just the reassurance he needed, to prove to him that you will always be there to love him when he is sick, healthy, naughty or nice. Lifting you and the family up to Our Father.
ReplyDelete