We found ourselves just chatting in general as well. I even let her borrow my Super Baby Food book as her youngest is 9 months old and she is looking for some feeding ideas.
She is how I always imagined what Kenyans would be like: warm, friendly, enjoyable to talk with. And although of course our school day gets off schedule because we have to spend the day cleaning before her arrival (!), her visits are always very pleasant.
Thursday the Little Angels' social worker came for her third and final visit. These appointments tend to be a little more awkward, as she sort of just watches us interact with one another. Normally that's fine, but I feel like I have to defend myself by fielding questions such as, "What does Isaac do during your school time each day?", etc.
Our lawyer took our paperwork to court on Wednesday and filed all our documents. HOWEVER we cannot get a court date yet until this social worker files her report. She said she took it down that same day, but my lawyer never found it. I texted and called and emailed on Friday but no one seemed to know. If we filed on Wednesday then we should've gotten a Feb 15 courtdate, but now it looks like Feb 22. I am irate about this of course. With each mistake people make, it pushes our exit date further and further. So we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment