Certified copies of:
1. Adoption Order.
2. Adoption Certificate.
and
and
3. Approval letter from the receiving
state authorising
that the adoption may proceed.
4. Individual approval certificate from
the Adoption Committee.
5. Freeing certificate of the child.
6. Duly filled Request form (Form 23)
by adoptive parents.
7. Copies of passports of the adoptive
parents.
Then the NAC will issue me our Article 23 Conformity Certificate aka COC.
Little Angels will release Zac's original birth certificate to me once they see all that above.
Then with those documents I can get Zac's Kenyan passport. That will take a couple of weeks (I think).
When I get his passport, then we can go to the US Embassy (with all the above documents) and get a Visa put into his passport. And then that's THE END.
You should be able to get his passport in three days but it costs "a little" extra - many adoption families pay somebody to get it for them - I think it is because they are tired of running from office to office :-)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the last steps we have been here for two months now and have a long road to go yet but we are here and that is what is important
Good luck with the last steps xxx