Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Lightbulb Went Off...

So last night when I was up feeding Zac, the lightbulb went off in my head.
The reason he is waking up during the night is because he is hungry!!

It has taken some hit-and-misses, but I have learned that when he snacks too much around 5pm or so  (even like a little bowl of Cheerios) then he will NOT eat dinner. And at first I was giving him a sippie cup of baby formula to drink with his meal, but unbeknownst to me, he was drinking it first and then filling up his tummy. I just thought he needed a drink with his meal. But then he would be hungry again two hours later because he barely at at dinnertime/lunchtime.

So...I cut down the size of the snacking and I cut out baby formula altogether except for when I'm rocking him to sleep at naptime and bedtime. He would much rather have the cup of baby formula, and he cries for it, but I cannot let him just eat just that.

I also found my Super Baby Food book on the shelf. I love it - it lists out the types of foods Baby is supposed to eat every day. Vital! So we will see how the next few days go!

No comments:

Post a Comment