Thursday, May 17, 2012

Great Meeting at Little Angels Today ~ Dossier In Order!

Today the kids and I drove down to Little Angels.  Or rather, we hired our favorite driver to drive our car there!  (Thank goodness he was driving because there is so much construction going on, he had to take alternate routes. I have no idea how we actually got there!)

Susan agreed to meet with us to look over our Dossier and make sure everything is in order.

It was great to see her again - this is the lady that conducted the home visits for our Home Study. She is a really nice lady (like most Kenyans we have met!). The kids sat at the table and ate their lunch (peanut butter sandwich) while we chatted. They were so well behaved during the whole meeting!

She gave me a few pointers such as which photos were the best to use, the correct order in which to put my documents, the fact that we can still make the June NAC meeting (if I get those other 2 documents back from the US by May 29 or so), etc., etc.  I asked about my timeline and whether it was reasonable.

Most importantly, I was able to explain my new paradigm shift (read my last post). I think that was very important. I know I have probably seemed like a maniacal, non-understanding American to her during this whole process, so I wanted to let her know how much I have learned (and grown) through this whole thing.

It was a lovely meeting and I am glad to have everything in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment