Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Miracles Happened Today

As I sat in bed last night (after writing that last post), I told God that we needed a miracle today. The Fedex office closed and no one had any word about my package.

I was very bold with God.  "You called us to this.  Your heart is adoption. We have to see a miracle tomorrow, God. We are going to the embassy at 9am to meet with the notary. We declare Fedex will be there with our package. We just hold on to faith that you will do this. We need a miracle.  And when you do this, I will tell everybody about it.  To your Glory."

My Bible reading this morning was Exodus 7.  You know the story, "Let my people go."
Specifically, Exodus 7:3 really stuck out to me: "But I will make Pharaoh's heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt."

God doesn't make bad things happen. But we all know God works GOOD from the bad situations (Romans 8:28).  So maybe sometimes we face the impossible so that God can show himself through it. So people can see God working through it.  So people can see that God does do miracles today.  Every day.

Getting my Fedex package today was impossible.  Awesome.  Here's an opportunity for God to shine.

We drove to the embassy at 9am, like I told the courier we would.  I texted the courier and explained we had to have the document at the US embassy at 9am. I was pretty sure they didn't fix my problem since they only opened at 8:30am, but again, we were hoping for a miracle.

I called Fedex at 9am and finally ahold of them on the phone. The folks told me the courier would be there by 9:30am. They never mentioned the reason why my package was held.  I didn't care - - I just wanted it.

The kids and I walked around the embassy.  Visited folks in their offices.  Climbed the hill outside.  Played in the bathroom for a while (!).  Cashed a check.  Had a snack in the cafeteria.  Wrote on a bunch of labels in the mail room and stuck them on each other.  Sat in the hallway and colored Spiderman pages. Picked out our favorite rocks in the rock garden outside.

And then at 10:30am we got the phone call - - - Marshall was here at the embassy.  In a tiny little Fedex truck and wearing a Fedex uniform! This was way more professional than the Fedex courier who visited me a few weeks ago!

I was so excited to see Marshall. I think all the embassy guards must think I am crazy (who are we kidding?)   because I was so happy to see Marshall.

I quickly walked back into the embassy, met Kevin at the Consular's office, they stamped my Affidavit, and I put it all back in a clean Fedex envelope and dropped it off at the mail room.

Done.

So it's on its way to the States to be authenticated right now.

I just can't believe Marshall made it. And now the document is on its way to the next adventure.

I was pretty bold with God in my prayer last night. And He did it. He continues to amaze me.  Sometimes I get down on myself because I'm not a quiet and passive person and I sometimes feel like society expects this homeschooling mama to be that way. But I know God made me exactly the way He wanted me to be. He made my temperament a specific way for a reason. And he adores me, just the way I am.

I praise you Jesus for doing miracles every day.



p.s. The second miracle today? I left my coffee pot on from 7am-2:30pm and my house didn't burn down! (I  had left a substantial amount of coffee in the pot this morning...it all evaporated and scorched the bottom of the pot. Thank God I didn't drink the whole pot this morning!)

2 comments:

  1. I love it. So I can't wait to see what God is going to do next!!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete