Tuesday, October 16, 2012

i800 Approved!

We found out our i800 was approved and was mailed out to us yesterday! Such a huge relief!!

The two agencies chatted about our case (stateside and Kenyan) and now the agency can send our care  package to Baby Zac. I had assembled our care package and dropped it off at their office before we left for vacation at the end of August. So I am happy they already have it in their possession and can just drop it off.  That is the first step. Next the orphanage sets the date for when we are allowed to start the bonding process. They say it usually takes two weeks to prepare the child for the bonding process, but given the fact he is so young then maybe they will waive that two week period. Honestly, in my opinion this two week period is completely unnecessary. His mommy and daddy and brothers and sisters literally live 30 minutes away (or less if no traffic!) so why can we not get him immediately? I have to say I will be very, very upset if they set a date that is far out.  Today is the 16th. Zac needs to be with his family! Why would they want to keep him any longer?  So we'll see...

Trying to be patient.  But this is so stressful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment