Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Meeting Zac in 15 Hours!

We have everything ready for tomorrow. The camera battery has been charged. Tripod is loaded up. I have packed a bag of clothes and diapers for Zac.  The lady at the orientation today suggested that we bring a little gift for Zac. I found a fuzzy little puppy and a soft fuzzy blanket to give to him tomorrow.  Something of his very own. The lady today said the kids love gifts because they have never had anything of their own before. Of course I cried when she said that. 

Today we found out more about his birth story, which was unexpected. Apparently there was writing on a back page of one of his medical reports but it was not photocopied when his file was sent to us. So it is very nice to have a little more background information about him.

I am so nervous. I am scared he won't like me. I mean,with my birth babies, they love me automatically. They love the sound of my voice, the touch of my skin, my milk! But I am a complete stranger to this little guy.

Our lady today said he has been looking at our photo album and carrying the little album around. To which I replied, "He can walk?". I can just picture him clutching our little album to his chest and looking at all the pictures. Goodness he is only 17 months old, but certainly he can see the pictures even though he doesn't know what a Mommy or Daddy or Sisters and Brothers are. We have a shirt for him to wear tomorrow that says "Little Brother" on the front. It was Nick's shirt when he was little. I just adore the fact that Zac will now get to wear it.

I know we have waited so long for this moment. Dreamed so long about this very moment. But I can't believe it's here already! I can't believe we will meet our son tomorrow!

I told the lady today that I will try not to run up and grab him (because we have read that at first, we should take it really slow and just sit next to him at first and wait until he warms up a bit to us before we try to hold or hug him) but she was appalled at that. She said, "You can run to him! Bombard him! He has been waiting for you! Be excited to see him! Treat him like the son you have been waiting to see!"  And then of course I cried again. I very much look forward to seeing my kids' reactions to Zac. They are so excited about meeting him. Ahhhhhh! Baby, we are almost there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment