Being humble is something that I pray to become, humble like Christ. And it's usually when I have done something incredibly stupid and wind up eating my words, that I usually learn that lesson of being humble!
I try to think that I don't need help from anybody else. And, true, Christ will give me strength and will fill me completely when I ask Him. And sometimes he sends friends to do that.
I knew this would take work. I knew that bringing our baby home would be an adjustment. But I did not take into account of how exhausting this would be at first.
On Saturday Zac would literally not let me put him down. He cried whenever I put him down to, for example, go to the bathroom! And of course I love holding him and want to bond with him, but I forgot how much work it is to hold a baby all day! And how much work around the house is not getting done when I am holding a baby all day!
Zac did not sleep so well last night (which meant I didn't get a lot of sleep) and Kevin laughed at me saying, "You forgot how much work a baby is!". He is exactly right.
So needless to say when my friend, AB, brought us dinner last night, it was a HUGE blessing. Not only did I not have to cook the dinner, I did not have to clean up dinner dishes. I am already behind on housework due to being gone Wed, Thur, and Friday. It is such a blessing not to have to clean up after dinner too. And again today, my friend AB (ha, they have the same initials, I never noticed!), brought dinner! And not only that, but apparently they have coordinated a schedule and several of my friends from church have offered to bring us a meal over the next couple of weeks. It brings me to tears. I never thought I needed help. I like to think that I (with God's help of course!) have everything under control. I'm strong. I can handle this...but WOW I realize I am not Superwoman. I am not invincible. I am tired when the baby keeps me up at night. I get frustrated and raise my voice at my kids sometimes. I am not perfect. God, thank you for keeping me humble. Thank you for bringing friends into my life that are a blessing to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment